Select Page

 

SMB Jumpstreet Technology Podcast Download

NEWS  
 
Infor up for sale?  
 
In 2012, Golden Gate and Summit invested in New York-based Infor in a 2012 deal that was completed alongside a merger with Lawson Software that valued the combined company at $1.8 billion, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Golden Gate has held a stake in previous incarnations of the company since 2002. 
 
 
Sage revamping Summit to be Summit Tour? First event is in Paris 
 
 
Confirmed 
  • Sydney, Australia  March 2017 
  • Toronto, Canada  June 2017 
  • Paris, France  November 2016 
  • Berlin, Germany  March 2017 
  • Singapore  March 2017 
  • Johannesburg, South Africa  March 2017 
  • Spain  February 2017 
  • Atlanta, USA  Spring 2017 (aka March – June 2017) 
  • London, UK  Spring 2017 
 
Sage advertising for VP Partner Programs and Strategy – has been without a channel leader since the departure of Paige Erickson August 2016.  
 
Dynamics 365 available Nov 1 – Dynamics 365 Presentation a bust? (Enterprise Software Podcast) – http://www.enterprisesoftwarepodcast.com/enterprise-software-podcast-episode-52-dynamics-ug-summit-recap/ 
 
 Oracle tender offer for NetSuite expires November 4, 2016 – T Rowe Price is asking that Oracle up its bid from 109 to 133. T Rowe has 18% of the outstanding shares, entities affiliated with Larry Ellison own 45%. .  The minimum tender condition requires the majority of the unaffiliated shares, or in other words, the majority of the remaining 55%. 
 
Sage reports earnings November 30, 2016 – keep an eye on the earnings report and especially the narrative inside the report for clues on the company direction. 
 
Microsoft announces “Slack Killer” Teams – Microsoft Teams is available to Office 365 commercial customers with one of the following plans: Business Essentials, Business Premium, and Enterprise E1, E3 and E5. Microsoft Teams will also be available to customers who purchased E4 prior to its retirement. 
 
Microsoft Teams is available in preview to eligible Office 365 commercial customers beginning November 2, 2016. We expect the service to become generally available in the first quarter of calendar year 2017. 
 
First observation: 
  • Requires an Office 365 license 
  • Cannot presently add contributors outside O365 
  • Appears to be for larger enterprise accounts 
  • Adds in threaded messaging which Slack has been promising but has yet to deliver 
 
 
EVENTS 
 
Acumatica Summit – Jan 29 – Feb 3 Hyatt Regency La Jolla, San Diego, CA – Early registration open now – $499   
  
Conference – January 29-31, 2017  
Training – February 1-3, 2017 
 
IT Nation – ConnectWise conference  
  
As the largest event in the technology solution provider industry, IT Nation has something for every member of the IT solutions industry. No matter what you do, we have got you covered. With over 2500 solution providers in attendance, IT Nation is the must-see event for all companies that sell, service and support technology.  
  
WHO: In its 12th year, IT Nation is the premier conference for technology solution providers and the largest event of its kind, offering a world-class experience for attendees.  
  
WHEN:  November 9-11, 2016  
  
WHERE: Hyatt Regency, Orlando, Florida  
  
QuantaCRM will be there at booth #106  
  
 
Sage Summit Tour – Paris – Nov 28-29, 2016 
 
 
Ingram Micro ONE Event – Nov 29 – Dec 1, 2016 in Las Vegas 
 
 
 
MAIN DISCUSSION TOPIC  
 
WHERE IS THE VALUE? 
 
Recently I was at a Microsoft Event in Chicago and was speaking with another partner and he expressed a very serious concern: how will we be making money in five years from now? 
 
(Wayne) 
  • Specialization – verticalization / technology 
  • Outsourced services 
  • Managed services / recurring revenue 
  • Must offer services that the publishers cannot 
  • No more break fix 
  • No more low end customers (DIY)